Improvement Session are a great way to bring a diverse team together to identify problems, and create solutions!
Plan Do Check Act
Cause and Effect Analysis
Lean Tools to eliminate waste
1. Defects - failure to meet product specs, requires rework, responding to customer complaints.
2. Overproduction - processing more than needed, before it is needed, or faster than needed.
3. Wait Time - Time the product or person must wait to complete the process.
4. Non-Utilization of People - Failing to utilize a person’s full mental, creative and physical abilities.
5. Transportation - Movement of parts, materials, tools, containers or documents.
6. Inventory - Unnecessary inventory
7. Motion - Any motion from people that does not add value to the product or motion that is poor ergonomics.
8. Extra Processing - Extra effort, time, materials that do not add value from th perspective of the customer.